The FLTRgo Travel Coffee Filter is produced with four foundational objectives.
With proper care, the FLTRgo can be used hundreds of times. Our filters are not used once and then discarded like paper filters. One FLTRgo can last up to a year of daily use.
The FLTRgo is made to withstand the rigors of travel and frequent use.
The support ring and handle for the FLTRgo is made out of bamboo. Bamboo is an incredibly strong resource and is commonly used in construction, for flooring, and recently in household and kitchen products. It is a sustainable alternative to plastic and won’t break like glass or ceramic.
The tight weave of the filter’s fabric as well as the overlock stitching of the seams ensures a reliable cup of coffee use after use.
Space is scarce when backpacking or traveling. With a diameter of roughly 4.5 inches (116 mm) and a 1/2 inch thickness (14 mm) when closed, the FLTRgo can be stored in practically any space.
No one wants to be weighed down. The FLTRgo, at approximately 4 ounces (113 grams), will be the one item in your backpack or luggage that is more than worth its weight in coffee-gold.
FLTRgo Materials and Features
- Ring and handle made from bamboo (a lightweight, durable, and sustainable resource).
- Cloth filter is ethically-sourced GOTS certified organic cotton.
- The specific weave and thread count of the fabric was carefully tested and selected to efficiently guide the water through the coffee grounds for an optimal brew.
- Handle features a strong but lightweight aluminum screw hinge.
- Aligned holes on handle and ring to clip on a backpack with a carabiner or hang on a hook to dry.
- Reusable, washable, compact, and collapsable.
- 4 1/2 in. (116mm) diameter and 1/2 in. (13mm) thickness when folded.
- Approximately 4 0z (13 g).
Better for the Environment
In a world of disposable everything, FLTRgo gives you your coffee preference while being environmentally responsible.
It is estimated that hundreds of millions (and possibly billions) of single-use paper filters end up in a landfill every year. The FLTRgo can be used hundreds of times. Since the average coffee drinker (in the USA) consumes 3 cups of coffee a day, just one person using the FLTRgo for their daily coffee preparation means that over a 1000 paper filters do not end up as waste.
Bamboo is not only durable and lightweight, it is also an organic, highly sustainable resource. FLTRgo is glad to know that our product does not contribute to deforestation.
The fabric and thread used in the FLTRgo is made from organic cotton. Organic cotton uses less water and is free from pesticides and other harmful chemicals.